Scholarships In USA
Scholarships in USA: The world-leading country, the United States of America, is among the most popular study abroad destinations due to its top-notch education system, however, studying in the USA is pretty expensive. The USA offers the best education with the top-ranked universities in every state of the country. Additionally, the USA is the hub of various leading tech, financial and organizational companies such as Microsoft, Facebook, Tesla, IBM, PayPal, Visa, American Express, and many more. So USA offers the most job opportunities. Moreover, to study in American Universities, USA provides various governmental, non-governmental, and institutional scholarships. All these attract thousands of international students to travel to the USA to study their desired course.
USA is no different in terms of granting a scholarship, so they scholarships based on outstanding academic performance, a high score in qualifying exams like SAT, GMAT, GRE, a high score in English proficiency tests like PTE or IELTS and also on other factors, like financial ability, physical issue, extracurricular activities, volunteering and many more. Each scholarship has its eligibility criteria. The scholarships in USA also range from partially funded ones that offer smaller amounts of awards to fully funded ones that fully fund tuition fees and provides other benefits as well such as stipends.
The most popular and major scholarship provided by the government of the USA are:
1.Fulbright Foreign Student Program Scholarships USA
Host University – USA Universities and Academic Institutions.
Level/Field of study – Masters and Ph.D. students from all fields, including interdisciplinary ones.
Target group – International students from 155 countries around the world.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration – The scholarship will cover tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance, etc for the duration of the study.
Website – Official Scholarship Website: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright
2.Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships In USA for International Students
Host University – Farleigh Dickinson University in USA.
Level/Field of study – Bachelors and Masters degrees in any subject.
Target group – Open to international students from around the world.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration – Up to $27,000 per year for the FDU International Undergraduate Scholarship and $1,000 to $10,000 per year for the FDU International Graduate Scholarship.
Website – Official Scholarship Website: https://www.fdu.edu/admissions/international/scholarships/http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbrightIn USA
3.Illinois Wesleyan University International Students Scholarships in USA
Host University – Illinois Wesleyan University.
Level/Field of study – Bachelors degree in any subject.
Target group – International students from all over the world.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration – Merit-Based Scholarships: These awards range from US$16,000 to US$30,000 per year and are renewable for up to 4 years.
President’s Scholarships: These are full-tuition scholarships, which are renewable for up to 4 years of study.
Website – Official Scholarship Website: https://www.iwu.edu/international/scholarships.html
4.Hubert Humphrey Fellowships to study in USA for International Students
Host University – Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities.
Level/Field of study – As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration – The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
• Pre-academic English language training, if required;
• A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness coverage;
• A book allowance;
• A one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
• A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Website – Official Scholarship Website http://humphreyfellowship.org/
5. Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) to study in USA
Host University – Over 70 diverse colleges and universities around the United States.
Level/Field of study – Non-degree full-time undergraduate program in all academic fields of study
Target group – Participating countries/locales.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration – Host institutions are expected to demonstrate significant cost-share commitments. Examples include in-state tuition instead of out-of-state, housing waivers, significant tuition discounts or scholarships, and housing and fee reductions. The scholarship will cover one academic semester.
Website – Official Scholarship Website https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program-global-ugrad
Apart from these Scholarships, there are several Institutional, Government-funded, and Non-Government Organizations funded Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate level study. Some of which are listed below.
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students – https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/presidential/
- Clark Global Scholarship Program – http://www.clarku.edu/scholarships-first-year-international-students#global
- Berea College Scholarships for International Students – https://www.berea.edu/admissions/costs/
- American University Online Program Scholarships – https://programs.online.american.edu/admissions/scholarships
- Emory University Scholar Programs – https://apply.emory.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholar-program.html
- Fitzduff Family Social Policy and Coexistence Fellowship at Brandeis University – https://apply.heller.brandeis.edu/register/socialpolicyandcoexfellowship
- Humanitarian Health Scholarships at Johns Hopkins University – http://hopkinshumanitarianhealth.org/education/scholarships/open-scholarships/scholarships-for-master-of-applied-science-in-humanitarian-health/
- George Washington University Global Leaders Fellowship – https://www.gwu.edu/~fellows/fellowships/global_leaders.html
- Microsoft Research Women’s Fellowship Program – http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/collaboration/awards/fellows-women.aspx
- ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA – https://isss.uoregon.edu/icsp/application
- Amherst College Scholarships– https://www.amherst.edu/offices/financialaid/international_students/financialaid_award
- Concordia College Scholarships– https://www.concordiacollege.edu/admission/international-students/costs-and-financial-aid/
- Dartmouth College Scholarships– http://admissions.dartmouth.edu/financial-aid/apply-aid/international-students
- Michigan State University Scholarships – https://oiss.isp.msu.edu/grants/grants-and-scholarships-overview/